Every day is life itself - Wisdom from an unanswered prayer

   


   
    Lot of changes happens to you, when you witness an unexpected death of someone for the first time in your life. Life is not the same when you witness a vibrant man who radiates energy, lay lifeless in the hospital bed. I used to think that I have all the time in life to do everything I want. All the things I want to do with my partner, that Spain trip I had planned with my sister, vacation in Goa with my two best girl friends, marathons I want to run, my dream of doing bungee jumping from Macau tower, all those DIY dream projects I have, all the books I want to read, writing my own damn book.. !

    Somehow all of a sudden, it felt as if there is no enough time in life to do things that I wanted. It dawned to me that human life is so fickle that we may wither away anytime. Yes, I know this is no news, but one doesn't have an in-depth realization of this fact, unless he actually witness a healthy person close to him pass away unexpectedly. At least, I didn't have. Hey, I may die anytime. What have I accomplished? Was I able to touch anyone's life, as I wished away all my time till now?

    27 years alive, eliminating first 12 years of childhood, comes around 5475 days. Eliminate the teen age further (let's face it, we don't know what we are doing in our teens), which comes around 3285 days. 78840 hours, minus all the hours of sleep, makes it 55845 hours. 55845 hours. I have been alive enough to create beautiful memories, I have been alive enough to make a good impression on people around me, to love people, to do almost all the things I wanted to do from my bucket list for life. I have been alive, But did I live to the fullest?

    We make all these plans for years from now, without realising that that we have a very fickle existence. Who knows what we can keep up, what we cannot? Instead of promising something to ourselves which might or might not happen, why not promise ourselves a better day, today? Why not live to the fullest today? Because a wise man once said, "Everyday is life itself, you are born when you wake up, you die when you sleep. you are born again next day. Just that you have been given the boon of remembering things from past". I married that man.

Let's try to live as if our life is today, shall we ?


This incomplete unanswered prayer was for the wonderful soul that you were Chittappa. May I remember your passion for life. Let it inspire me to live my life the way you lived yours. Happy and content with bright smiling face.  Ram Ram Ram           

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to decorate bullet journal/notebook/diary cover page | step by step tutorial | Sreelakshmy

Mandala for beginners - How to draw mandala - step by step

Life in the time of Covid 19 - One day at a time