Be the peace you seek | world peace | doodle a day

On the day when the legend Dr. Abdul Kalam expired, I was going through some of speeches he has delivered, to reminisce about that wonderful person every Indian mourned for. I remember to this day, a quote which he shared on world peace.
Where there is righteousness in the heart,
there is beauty in character.
When there is beauty in character.
there is harmony in home.
When there is harmony in home,
there is order in nation.
When there is order in nation,
there is peace in the world.
I find this very profound. I truly believe that peace of the world depends on every single individual.
It is very sad to think that even during this 21st century, racism and misogynism are prevailing. I think being less judgemental about the people you see, is one big thing which is needed for peace in life. I want to be judged based on my character, not on my gender or the color of my skin. As we voluntarily take an effort to mingle with new people who are way different from the people from our own culture, our mindset changes and we become less judgemental. I have seen this in myself.
If only we give importance to the similarities between us, rather than the differences, wouldn't world be a better place ? Isn't our life too short for all the hatred ?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to decorate bullet journal/notebook/diary cover page | step by step tutorial | Sreelakshmy

Mandala for beginners - How to draw mandala - step by step

Life in the time of Covid 19 - One day at a time